Canik TP9SFx Wins Handgun of the Year!
2nd Annual 2017 Industry Choice Awards
July 22, 2017
Rockcastle Shooting Center
Specifically optimized for competitive shooting, the TP9SFx was designed to be ready for competition right out of the box, without any modifications needed. The slide is “Optics Ready” with four different red dot interface plates and also features industry standard dovetail sight cuts that hold and set Warren Tactical sights. Additional features and equipment include a 5.2” barrel, two magazines (both with extended baseplates providing a 20 round capacity), interchangeable backstraps, an extended slide stop, extended magazine release, Cerakote™ finished slide, and a threaded hole on the optic mounting plate for use with an optional ambidextrous cocking handle designed for use in competition. Designed as an affordable option for action pistol and 3-gun competitors looking for a reliable handgun with premium features.
- A panel of 30 evaluators came to Rockcastle Shooting Center for several days of hands-on testing and evaluation of 98 products for consideration in product categories of rifles, handguns, shotguns, optics, accessories and ammunition.
- Evaluators consisted of gunsmiths, range owners, retailers, distributors, recreational shooters, law enforcement and military personnel.
- The evaluators spent 28 hours of detailed analysis with 23 questions per product starting with visually examining products on a bench and then live-fire function testing.
- Oneida Molded Plastics lead the team of hand selected delegates from the firearms community for the prestigious, unbiased selection of the Products of the Year awards.
- Each submitting company was provided the audited confidential evaluation results of their product.